Maroon & Gold Feeder Basketball
Crossover Skills Academy, LLC launched the Maroon and Gold feeder basketball program at the beginning of the 2014-2015 feeder season. The Maroon and Gold feeder program provides an excellent opportunity for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys to improve their individual skills, learn advanced team play concepts, and gain valuable experience through competitive game play. We emphasize fundamentals, sportsmanship, communication and building leadership skills at all levels. The program coordinators and other members of the Maroon and Gold Feeder staff are former Loyola Academy basketball players and coaches who love teaching the game. This program is NOT run through Loyola Academy or it’s Athletic Department.
- The 2023-34 season begins Monday, November 6, 2023 and ends on Sunday, March 3rd, 2024.
- Practices and home games are played Loyola Academy
- Teams will usually practice twice per week- weeknights between 7-9pm and weekends between 9am-1pm.
- Teams will play 20-25 games which will include home and away games versus other local feeder programs as well as 1-3 feeder tournaments throughout the season.
- Maroon and Gold Feeder does not have cuts. However, we exist so that potential Loyola Academy bound families have a great feeder option that will teach Loyola Academy basketball principles.
- 5th grade will play in the Chicago Feeder League (CFL)
- 6th-8th A and B teams will play home and away games versus local feeders as well as 3 feeder tournaments (Evanston Tourney- Jan 5-7 / GBN Tourney- MLK Weekend / Hersey Tourney- President's Day Weekend)
- All C Teams will play in the Play Hard Hoops Feeder League as well as 3 tournaments (Deerfield tourney- MLK Weekend / Ridgewood tourney- Jan 26-28 / Deerfield tourney- Feb 24-26)
- The cost of the program is $1,000.